Phase of My Writings

I usually don't update posts on my blog once in a week. Some thoughts strike randomly, at times once a month and times once a year. Hence the untimely posts. Insomnia is something everyone faces, I am, right now. Some thoughts flowing through my mind. Welcome back to my blog and thanks to my friends and family for constantly encouraging in these writings.

Did it ever occur to you that what you are at this point of life is because of an instance in your life a few years back? 

A small flashback into my own life, as a kid (or even a teenager), I never really liked poetic stuff, writings, meaningful greeting cards, blogs or even books. I considered the textbooks were the only ones you had to read, never even completed a single book that I used to take at the library. I used to read to fall asleep and never really caught the essence of the books. Harry Potter, for example, I started reading the books only after I watched the movie and only when everyone at school was so eager to take only those books at the library (the one who used to get it first was the coolest). Birthdays never meant some heartfelt greeting cards, it always meant more toys to play with.



10 years ago I would never have believed if I were told I would be writing a blog in the future.  My aunt, who is an incredible writer, always used to give meaningful and apt greeting cards. Funny ones always caught my attention but never the quotes.

Some instances in life change us. They bring us onto the streets we would never have imagined to walk on. My friends would tell you that quotes have become a means of communication to me in the past 4 years. Every writing, every quote, every poem that was ever written, I realized now, that they are the experiences of someone shared in a beautiful manner. When people started appreciating my blog, I felt embarrassed at the start, am I really that good at writing? I used to hate all this, didn't I? Then I felt, it is not about how good we write, but how good we express ourselves (being an introvert, this was a huge hit for me).

You were like the waves in the ocean.
Looking at you from the beach, I fell in love with your calmness.
I tried to come closer, but feared drowning in your vastness.
I waited till the moon was full, you seemed almost close to me.
That instant chained me down to where I was standing.
Even though the hope is alight, the fear of not having you, always resides in me.
I wrote this a while ago. I started looking at writings from another perspective once I started writing. Some instances in life had led me onto this path and I don't regret a tiny bit of it. I wish I had appreciated all those greetings I received.  Atha, if you are reading this, I am really sorry for never admiring the way you used to put your heart out in those cards. I wish you keep sending me one every year and I will forever cherish them. The best compliment to my blog was the day she said "I can see a writer in you Sushant".

-Sushant Thotakura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Boundaries

How much can you have?

Pain and Sculpture