Depressed? Maybe not!

Depressed? Maybe not!


Hello .

I am back again with another post. Lately, I was asked by a friend if my writings were intended for others or were they just for myself. This got me thinking, why did I even start writing this blog! Maybe I wanted people to read my thoughts or maybe I just wanted those thoughts out of my mind. 

I was thinking about this question I was asked and later I realised what my intentions for this blog were. I want people to read it. Is it wrong? Absolutely not. Then why am I writing? Maybe for a bit of appreciation or maybe to have the sense of not failing at something. It does happen. It does happen with everyone. At some point, everyone wants to win at something. Or if you phrase it differently, everyone does not want to fail at everything. 


Let me share a small experience with you. I was really good and interested in athletics till my 8th standard. In my 8th standard, I was down with jaundice and I felt it had drained a lot of stamina from me. After that, I was never really good at athletics. I have no memory of me finishing in the top 3 after that in any athletic event in school. Activities like video games, surfing the internet, ethical hacking, etc got me more interested. I was fit but I just did not have the stamina to do any physically straining works. Why am I talking about this all of a sudden? I was going through Quora the other day and I found a question. The question was "How can someone enjoy old or new activities/hobbies if you are depressed?". And in the answers, a person suggested walking daily. The reason was that there is no failure in walking. You walk as much as you can. You need not bother that you would fail. If you feel depressed, maybe you should be doing things that do not let you feel that you may fail at it. Makes sense to me. People feel depressed because they may have failed at something or lost something that they love.



A few days before I came across this question, I decided to start jogging to increase my stamina. And to my embarrassment, I could not even jog for 400 metres continuously. After I came across this question, it made me realise, that maybe I should take small steps to do what I once wanted to. 

So you think I am depressed?



For some, I am depressed.
For some, I am cheerful.
For some, I am a sad soul.
For some, I am a happy soul.

Do I care what everyone thinks? Maybe I do or maybe I do not. It all depends on their perspective. Maybe that is what they know about me. To see this, I started posting random depressing quotes every day for almost a month to see what others react to it. And what did I find out? Few of them related those to their life and just sent me replies like true, false etc.Some of them might have thought that I'm a sad and depressing person and that is why I'm posting these things, so let's just let it go. Some even asked me what the hell was going on. For people who have been asking me, NO, I am not DEPRESSED. I maybe just going through a turbulence at this point.

Just my random thoughts and few questions answered.

See you soon in another blog post. 

Thank You

- Sushant Thotakura
Image courtesy: Giphy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Boundaries

How much can you have?

Pain and Sculpture