I spend a lot!!

I Spend a Lot!!


Hello to the people who take out their time to read my blog. Thank you btw for your time. I am happy that the contents of my blog have helped me out a bit. I am now encouraged to write more. Good thing, isn't it? Anyway, coming to this post. I spend a Lot!!!! 

People who know a little about me know that I spend on things that actually aren't necessary. Unnecessary stuff like? I am a gadget freak and spend a bit too much on electronic gadgets. I got myself an Xbox which requires a TV to play, so I got one as well. In the past year, I spent like crazy on electronics. I got a cozmo, about which I wrote in an earlier post on this blog.  I got an artificial intelligence racing kit, that uses stuff and is like of a video game in reality. I got a few Bluetooth speakers as well and a projector. Which is completely unnecessary if you think about it. And the list goes on. I have many things that lie around that I do not use often. 

And then there is my collection of scale model cars. People think I am mad spending so much for so-called toys. I have to explain many people and show them pictures to make them realise they aren't toys. They do cost a fortune if you want special editions and when they aren't available in India. I guess I spend more than 4-5 hours a week trying to decide which scale model to get next. After so many days of waiting and searching, I did find a really rare model. It is 1 of 3 in the whole world. Obviously, it will be costly. 




So why do I spend soo much on these things? FYI I do not have abundant money lying in my bank accounts nor does my family. 

I spend whenever I feel a bit low. Or to put it in other words, whenever I have a sense of loneliness around, I buy stuff. It makes my mind go away from thoughts that drag me down. At least for the few days or hours that I have something new around me, I wouldn't be thinking about things that bother me from the past. Many say this is a costly way to do things. I agree. But everyone has something or the other to get their mind out of the past. Few of them indulge in books, few workout, few of them watch some movies. I never used to spend like this when I was back home. If I did feel low or was a bit mood off, I used to go on a drive early in the morning. Stopping the car by the road to get some lemon tea and hot dosa's cooked with extra oil, that kind of a feeling elevated my day. But here, in the U.S, though you can get a car easily, that same sense of freedom cannot be had here. At least that is what I feel.I do take a walk at times. But that does not cheer me up. Something new around me makes me feel good. Maybe the sense of being free is a reason for it. 



At the end of the day, I do get sick of listening to people saying, "RICH KIDS". I am not any rich than everyone else. You may spend something other than money to get you cheered up. But right now, for me, this is the only way to cheer myself up. Someday this may change and I may end up doing something else to make myself entertained or cheered. Till then you will be seeing things that cost money around me whenever you meet me. 

So what was that I recently bought. CHEWBACCA. Yes, a soft plush toy of chewy that shouts when you press its belly. Why did I buy it? I have no clue. I liked it, and I got it. Here he is. Looks cute though. 


I just wanted to share my thoughts. That has always been the purpose of this blog.
Thank You

-Sushant Thotakura


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Boundaries

How much can you have?

Pain and Sculpture