Cold Wars of 21st Century

Cold Wars (21st Century)



NO!  I am not talking about any wars between countries.
The 21st century has bought us new kind of COLD WARS. In the past during the world war I & II, the nations fought to show the rest of the world who the superpower was. Like all the wars in the, let us name this cold war as "THE DIGITAL WAR".  Instead of just a war I feel it would be much better to call it as a DIGITAL WAR AGE as this is not going to end soo soon.

You must be wondering what the hell is he talking about. " Digital War? will the robots fight the humans? That is what he is trying to say? " I can say that but it would be called something like clash of the robots or something. Anyway, moving on.

I am talking about one of the biggest clash of the decade, iOS VS Android. Yes, it is virtually a war, isn't it? The people who make these operating systems, I really doubt they ever really fight on who is better. They just do their business to be a market leader and that ain't a war like actually. But people who use them, oh yeah! I have seen many arguments and fights over who has the better operating system. Yes I personally do prefer Android over iOS, and I argue about how it is better . But it is only to spark a conversation but not to light a fight. I mean, it is obvious, people always want the best. So when they have something, they tend to portray as it is the best out there. "HUMAN TENDENCY"



It does not stop at just these. There is WINDOWS VS MAC OS which is a pretty old thing and people don't really bother about it much , because we use the phone more than a laptop or a computer these days to get our tasks done.

Oh and I wanted to mention this, Samsung launched their new flagship for 2016 The Galaxy S7. I was eagerly waiting for all the new launches at MWC 2016 and I ended up watching the live stream of the S7. A good show, but the thing that caught me was , everything was compared to the Apple iPhone. I mean, why can't they just make a better phone then the one they had earlier! Just a thought. LG meanwhile showed how not to compare with other brands and make a unique position for themselves with their flagship for 2016.

Okay! That is a war done. The next one then.

This section may not be interesting to many people (girls especially *warning*).


SONY PLAY STATION VS MICROSOFT XBOX
Any person who is a bit of a gamer would know this side of the war. It has always been a big question for a gamer to choose between these two. Most of the games do get released on both the consoles, but still it has always been the thing " which has higher graphics?".They even argue upon which has the best controller and stuff. To a normal person, the comparisons they do would never really matter, except for boasting of in front of others. And another huge nation that interferes in this war is the PC gaming. Oh boy! I can go on about this. Lets cut it down here.


Continuing on the topic of gaming, DOTA VS LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. Sure there are many more out there, but these two are the huge online multiplayer games. The battle continues. I will not be going in depth about this specific topic as many people would not be interested in it. (P.S : There are number of dedicated blogs about these 2 games.. so let us leave it to the experts here.)



I will be making a post on gaming as well. It was recommended by one of my close friends who is into gaming as well (Mr. Ritwik Reddy). 


A war that is going to end soon would be this, "BOOKS VS DIGITAL PRINTS". How many of us can find really good book stores these days? And how many stores that sell the KINDLE and other mobile readers?



Well I guess that is it for this post. I may have missed any other so called WARS. If I did forget any, please do leave a comment. Will write back soon.


- SUSHANT THOTAKURA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken Boundaries

How much can you have?

Pain and Sculpture